We hope this message finds you well. We are excited to invite you and your local stakeholder networks to participate in the upcoming sessions of the bioeconomy training program organized within the framework of the SCALE-UP project (www.scaleup-bioeconomy.eu). The webinars will be an excellent opportunity for stakeholders like you to engage in insightful discussions and explore the vast potential of bioeconomy in our ever-evolving landscape.
In the bioeconomy, primary producers are often left behind in the value chain, despite being the foundation for successful production of bio-based products and processes. This is due to a lack of information and education on relevant topics, as well as a lack of consistent networking. The integration of primary producers is crucial for the success of the bioeconomy, and addressing these issues is necessary to ensure their participation and success in the value chain. With the SCALE-UP training programme, solutions to tackle these issues shall be worked on in our second work stream ”Integrating primary producers into the bio-based value chains”.
The training programme will be held in three online sessions starting at 09:00 CET with a duration of three hours, each focusing on different aspects of the bioeconomy:
- Session 1: “Production of Biomass from Farmers and Foresters” – November 9, 2023
- In this session, we will delve into the essential topic of biomass production, exploring the crucial roles that farmers and foresters play in this process.
- Session 2: “Value Chains and Markets: Linking Producers and Stakeholders” – November 21, 2023
- In Session 2, we will discuss the vital connections between producers and stakeholders in the bioeconomy value chain, providing insights into how we can foster collaboration and innovation.
- Session 3: “Innovations and Challenges in Production and Mobilization of Biomass” – December 7, 2023
- The third session will focus on the innovative approaches and challenges associated with the production and mobilization of biomass.
To facilitate your registration for the training sessions, please kindly fill out the registration form here. You may register to one or more sessions.
We will provide a detailed agenda for each session in the coming week, so please keep an eye on your inbox for this information. The presentations will be in English with live translation (subtitles).
We believe that your expertise and perspective would greatly enrich these discussions, and we look forward to your active participation. Your insights are essential to achieving the goals of the SCALE-UP project and advancing the bioeconomy in Europe.
Holger Gerdes & Zoritza Kiresiewa
SCALE-UP_Programme_training for regional bioeconomy